MedMarathon Day 1 is just the beginning of the continued learning process. Have faith and all will be worth it.
MedMarathon: Medical Books Marathon is reading of medical books that challenges the ability of a student to gain knowledge by reading and understanding.
Is this doable or a sign of insanity?
These are the teams that are looking pretty good in the collegiate conference of the Premier Volleyball League （PVL）
- Adamson Lady Falcons. They struggled during the Season 79 of the UAAP but despite the setback they challenged themselves to do better. Although they ranked in the lower part of the standings during their rally on the Open PVL Conference, they displayed resilience and showed a good fight against veterans and pro players in the said conference. They garnered respect on and off the court proving the effectivity of the system under Coach Pada.
- Ateneo Lady Eagles. Despite of the recent loss to the team, Jia Morado as setter, Gizelle Tan as libero and Michelle Morente as spiker, they’ve proved that the system of Coach Tai remains with the team. They showed excellent serves and blocks aside from the versatility of the players playing different position during the games on PVL Collegiate Conference. Most veteran players of the team suffering or nursing injuries but the team delivers with a win. High regard setter Jia Morado is now with the team as an assistant coach which is helping the team in the transition process of them graduating and the youngster entering the court.
- Far Eastern University. With the exposure of most FEU players in the pro-league, they’ve gained experience and technique that will help the team in their campaign for the PVL Collegiate Conference and eventually the upcoming UAAP Season 80. Despite the new system with their new coach, the group is still intact and gearing toward their ultimate goal.
- National University. With an intact team, the Lady Bulldogs are at the peak of their game without letting the change of leadership in their coaching staffs affect their game.
- University of the Philippines. The recent change of some coaching staff after the resignation of Caoch Jerry Yee, Lady Maroons showed they can still be a strong opponent when it comes to offense and blocking. Adjustments were made by the team to fill the absence of players who graduated recently. Despite of these challenges, the girls are stepping-up and involving all players with their offense. Maturity comes to those who rise when the need occur and that’s exactly what the Lady Maroons did.
These teams have plenty of time to prepare for their respective collegiate seasonal games and this is the perfect time to train and familiarize the players to find the combination best suited to be in the court.
I lived in an environment enough to know what’s morally right and wrong and the difference between that and what should be done. I learned skills that some people might find weird for a “normal person” but that’s the thing nobody is normal from where I came from. We are all cracked and defective from the inside but we try to cover it up and fix it but it ain’t working. I lived in a place called home but truth be told it was more of a house than a home most of the time.
I’m not ashamed of my past and my history. I am living my present and hopeful for my future. This is because I was surrounded by people who cared when I needed them the most. I’m the type of person who wouldn’t ask for help if it wasn’t necessary and its harder than you think. Due to hardships and circumstances I became who I am today, a person who believes that we have purpose in life much greater than ourselves.
If at certain points in my life decision was made otherwise or given a situation an taken the other alternative, wouldn’t be this person writing this kind of things. Thanks to my siblings who kept me grounded and would talk until morning with me. To my parents who gave their love in different and individual way. To the ever curious people whom I don’t have to explain myself, they kept me motivated and made me even stronger than I was before. To the those few who believed in me that I can do great things with God’s grace, they mold me to treasure the feelings I have when I’m with them and made me realized that small act of kindness can make a difference in this world full of chaos.
So, who am I really？I’m just an ordinary person who is unconventional in many ways but with heart for service, honor and will do anything to cherish and protect what I hold dear.
Human Rights. This is sensitive and most talked issue in the Philippines right now. This is due to allegations of human rights violations from the present government. Philippines had a history of a governement wherein human rights is not upholded and rampant violations were made because of the declaration of Martial Law. Because of this, people feared to experience the same treatment. They associate martial law with human rights violations. They even associate martial law with extrajudicial killings which is often associated with police force under the present government.
I feel pity for all the victims of these, us. Victims in the sense that we are being used as a front for advocacies with hidden agepndas. Yes, we condone extrajudicial killings and human rights violotions. We are totally against these actions and people rally to make their vioces heard but the reality is we are used as pawns in the game of chess called the politics.
PAWNS. They are the most weakest yet if overlooked they can be the greatest weapon if used well. Pawns are used as first line of defense. They are utilized to slowly gain enough space and pressure the opponent.to make a wrong move. This is where rallies are born. Leaders of groups have different kinds of personalities, there are some who are principled and rightious who would take a fight to the end. These people are being used by ambitious people who are aiming for power and authority, even for momentary fame. They are fueled by some persons who are working behind the scene and would like to finance whatever activities the activist group would do just to disrupt the peace and create a diversion for them to be placed at the ideal area, they are the bishops.
BISHOPS. They don’t refer to the head of a church rather as a chess piece. They focus on an area of target, and manuever the pieces to make way for when the timing is right, they would move toward their target. They are the ones who work behind the scenes. Politicians who are more ambitious and power greedy but with an introverted attitude belongs to this category.
ROOKS. They are comparable to the muscles of the queen. They are second best when it comes to power but with limited options. It is better to have it in pairs to make it more powerful. Tower is another name for it. They also are the eyes and guard of the castle. Rooks are those people who are well connected and best in guarding their allies best interest. They can compensate for the lacking queen which makes them a threat if not treated well by their masters, the queen.
KNIGHTS. They move from place to place even in closed game givem with enough space to go to. They are the trickest and most decisive pieces because one move can cause ripples of effect. They can create a multiple threat to multiple people or circumstances. They are the people who are powerful enough but tend to suppress or hide their identity or involvement. They act as spies who can easily move undetected or not considered as a threat until it’s too late.
QUEEN. This is the powerful figure in the game. Its presence can determine victory over the opponent. Yet they can be blinded by power itself. One who is believed to be irreplacable becomes dispensible and be sacrificed for nothing. They is the strongest yet they can be a liability if not used properly. They are the type of people who lead the group and have the greatest authority bested upon yet can be easily put down if th need arise. They only stand because of their image and sympathy of the people. They are the heart of the game or the darling of the crowd.
KING. He only serves as a backbone of the game. The main goal and public figure. They can either hold the pieces together towards victory or defeat. The most guarded yet the most vulnerable. The most powerful yet with limited resources and space. They usually can’t control what happened but theycan dictate the tempo of the game. They are the people who have the same characteristics as that of the king.
We have these people in our society and their using the advocacies, stories and voices of ordinary people to manipulate and fight their battles against their opponents.
In the end we are all pitiful people who are used and violated without our knowledge. We are exploited without our consent.
Are we still going to play the game of Politics as pawns? Do we still wanted to be used as Pawns? Are we allowing others to used us as weapons?
If not, then let’s criticise and create a solution. Change doesn’t only occur if we pick on the little things, good or bad. Change occur because of an action and a solution. So let’s do our part by giving solutions to our country’s problem rather than talking bad things about it.