I consider myself as an advocate for womens’ right and a feminist who value equality between gender. I tried myself to be gender sensitive and to look at the two face of the coin before creating a conclusion. I also believe that strong modern women can be who they want to be and do what they wanted to do despite of gender biases without breaking any laws.
I didn’t met any person who shared the same sentiments as mine but I’m sure there are those who are in the shadows. This is not about me but my views.
Recent events showed that there are high ranking people using their sex or gender as an excuse and claimed that violations occured, inequality of treatment and as such just to get the public sympathy and to evade persecution due to their unlawful ways. It pains me just thinking about it because we female are asking for equality on the treatment, compensation and job opportunities with our male counterparts yet there are these people who stains this cause.
They use inapproprietly the law on women and fits the advocacies of females rights on their cause as fronts to shield them from liability or even law suits. We are empowering women to be independent and with principles but the high ranking women officials are setting a bad example. They became dependent to those who gave them power and their so called principles exist no more as they were tinted by biases and altenative truth to protect themselves and their allies who break laws one way or another.
They were the group of women who poses as strong individuals in public eyes yet they were being manipulated, knowingly or unknowingly, by dominant person/s who are hidden in public view. They are the group of people who allow other people to exploit them to show the public of their vulnerabilities as an excuse to commit crime. They think of their flaws as women as a free pass to do unlawful things.
These thoughts that such group of high ranking women exists not to uphold the true essence of being a woman but to use whatever laws available as a security blanket to escape their prosecution angered the inner me. Their actions will create a riplling effect and the most affected will be the women who are not in power, they are the regular housewives, employees and women who strive for their family, starts at the bottom of the chain are the ones who really are strong, independent and modern day women heroes who fight injustice daily. They are the underated fighters who are facing daily challenges of injustice, inequality and discrimination yet their victories were overshadowed by the negative popular opinion of the public created by powerful women who only cared about their status and position in the society.
To give benefit of the doubt to those women in power who unjustly uses of womens’ rights to evade justice, I would leave positive outlook in the matter that they will acknowledge the wrong doings they’ve comitted coz as an ordinary citizen of this country I assume that since they’re holding powerful positions, they’re educated enough you know what are the consequences of their actions.
I hope that one day there will be true equality and equal opportunities to both men and women. I also hope that highranking women will realize that they should be accountable to their actions without the expense of other people. I also hope that laws should not only be about women being abused rather include also those men who were victims too. Protect everyone regardless of sex and gender. Acknowlegde the fact that their ar biological and chemical differences among sexes but this is not a hindrance to equality as we all humans have the ability to adapt to changes. Let us all geared toward positive change and development.
MedMarathon Day 1 is just the beginning of the continued learning process. Have faith and all will be worth it.
MedMarathon: Medical Books Marathon is reading of medical books that challenges the ability of a student to gain knowledge by reading and understanding.
Is this doable or a sign of insanity?
Crustaceans. They are freshly cooked food. Filipinos called it crabs. Crab meat is delicious and you’ll go hungry for more.
These are the teams that are looking pretty good in the collegiate conference of the Premier Volleyball League （PVL）
- Adamson Lady Falcons. They struggled during the Season 79 of the UAAP but despite the setback they challenged themselves to do better. Although they ranked in the lower part of the standings during their rally on the Open PVL Conference, they displayed resilience and showed a good fight against veterans and pro players in the said conference. They garnered respect on and off the court proving the effectivity of the system under Coach Pada.
- Ateneo Lady Eagles. Despite of the recent loss to the team, Jia Morado as setter, Gizelle Tan as libero and Michelle Morente as spiker, they’ve proved that the system of Coach Tai remains with the team. They showed excellent serves and blocks aside from the versatility of the players playing different position during the games on PVL Collegiate Conference. Most veteran players of the team suffering or nursing injuries but the team delivers with a win. High regard setter Jia Morado is now with the team as an assistant coach which is helping the team in the transition process of them graduating and the youngster entering the court.
- Far Eastern University. With the exposure of most FEU players in the pro-league, they’ve gained experience and technique that will help the team in their campaign for the PVL Collegiate Conference and eventually the upcoming UAAP Season 80. Despite the new system with their new coach, the group is still intact and gearing toward their ultimate goal.
- National University. With an intact team, the Lady Bulldogs are at the peak of their game without letting the change of leadership in their coaching staffs affect their game.
- University of the Philippines. The recent change of some coaching staff after the resignation of Caoch Jerry Yee, Lady Maroons showed they can still be a strong opponent when it comes to offense and blocking. Adjustments were made by the team to fill the absence of players who graduated recently. Despite of these challenges, the girls are stepping-up and involving all players with their offense. Maturity comes to those who rise when the need occur and that’s exactly what the Lady Maroons did.
These teams have plenty of time to prepare for their respective collegiate seasonal games and this is the perfect time to train and familiarize the players to find the combination best suited to be in the court.
I lived in an environment enough to know what’s morally right and wrong and the difference between that and what should be done. I learned skills that some people might find weird for a “normal person” but that’s the thing nobody is normal from where I came from. We are all cracked and defective from the inside but we try to cover it up and fix it but it ain’t working. I lived in a place called home but truth be told it was more of a house than a home most of the time.
I’m not ashamed of my past and my history. I am living my present and hopeful for my future. This is because I was surrounded by people who cared when I needed them the most. I’m the type of person who wouldn’t ask for help if it wasn’t necessary and its harder than you think. Due to hardships and circumstances I became who I am today, a person who believes that we have purpose in life much greater than ourselves.
If at certain points in my life decision was made otherwise or given a situation an taken the other alternative, wouldn’t be this person writing this kind of things. Thanks to my siblings who kept me grounded and would talk until morning with me. To my parents who gave their love in different and individual way. To the ever curious people whom I don’t have to explain myself, they kept me motivated and made me even stronger than I was before. To the those few who believed in me that I can do great things with God’s grace, they mold me to treasure the feelings I have when I’m with them and made me realized that small act of kindness can make a difference in this world full of chaos.
So, who am I really？I’m just an ordinary person who is unconventional in many ways but with heart for service, honor and will do anything to cherish and protect what I hold dear.